2014 - 2015 Budget Information
The Board of Education's budget includes five specific mission-driven goals:
(1) align the district strategic plan and the district improvement plan to develop a Program budget that identifies resource allocation in curriculum development;
(2) evidence of Middle School Continuous Improvement with resources allocated to support an increase in Unified Arts opportunities for students, to increase instructional time in ELA and core academics, and to create a developmentally appropriate best practice at the Middle School;
(3) resources identified to support increased collaborative time for teachers and job embedded professional learning;
(4) strengthen the use of data to drive decision-making at the classroom, school and district level through personnel restructuring and funding of positions; and
(5) continue to create a safe and healthy environment for our students and staff and address security needs not funded through the State of Connecticut Grant Application.
The 2014-2015 Board of Education's budget is $32,589,367 or a 2.3% increase in spending. The primary cost drivers in this budget are the expected employee benefits expense and electricity, which accounts for approximately half of the increase in the overall budget. The approved budget is focused on continuous improvement in teaching and learning, technology, and Middle School improvement.
2014-2015 Board of Education Adopted Budget Book