We believe that the years of early adolescence are pivotal and abound with individual potential and opportunity. Therefore, the Suffield Middle School’s mission is to meet the diverse academic, social, and emotional needs of all students within a caring and responsive educational environment within which all students feel personally known and cared for and that adults listen to their voices, respect their concerns, and engage them in meaningful educational experiences that will prepare them for a promising future.
We believe that every young adolescent:
- has the capacity to learn, grow, and develop into a knowledgeable, reflective, caring, ethical, and contributing citizen;
- must have access to the very best programs and practices a school can offer;
- must be engaged in learning that is relevant, challenging, integrative, and exploratory;
- thrives academically, socially, and emotionally in a democratic learning environment where trust and respect are paramount and where family and community are actively involved;
- faces significant life choices and needs support in making wise and healthy decisions;
- deserves educators who are prepared to work with this age group, who are themselves lifelong learners and committed to their own ongoing professional development and growth.